Dr. Sudhir Tomey MCh (G-I Surgery), an alumnus of 1981 batch and a meritorious student thought out, is practising as surgical Gastroenterologist (Gastro-intestinal surgery specialist) in Nagpur since last 15 years.
He has done his graduation and post-graduation in surgery from prestigious Government Medical College, Nagpur. He did his super specialization in Gastro-intestinal surgery from G.B. Pant Hospital, New Delhi. Prior to practice he accumulated vast experience under the guidance of stalwarts in the field of G-I Surgery like Dr. Samiran Nundy and Dr. Adarsh Chouhary.
He has many first to his credit
- First and the only qualified with M.Ch Degree- surgical gastroenterologist in central india.
- First to use absorbable esophageal stents in Nagpur.
- First to popularize hard core G-I surgeries in central india in large numbers namely:
- Esophagectomies (for cancer of food pipe).
- Whippel’s operations (for cancer of pancreas).
- Pancreatic surgeries.
- Surgery for ulcerative colitis.
- Liver surgeries and wedge resections and partial hepatectomies.
- Operations of biliary system (bile ducts).
- Operations for Rectum (cancer as well as prolapse).
- Anal surgeries (Complex fistulas and piles).
- Intestinal fistulas.
- Laparoscopic surgeries (diagnostic, liver cyst removal, gall bladder, appendix, incisional hernia, umbilical hernia, rectopexy)
Main areas of practice are
- Complex G-I Surgical problems
- Endoscopic evaluation and treatment
- Laparoscopic surgeries